Weaponeer.net
Welcome Guest
Not a member yet? Register Now! or Login
0 member and 43 guests currently online.
Site Partners

This site is Gunny Approved

Site Login
Username

Password

Auto Login
Add me to the active users list

Forgot password | Register

Online Users
Total Users Online: 43

We have 0 member(s), 6 spiders, 43 guest(s), and 0 anonymous users online.

Members Online:
None.

[ View Full List ]
[Based on the last 10 minutes]

The most online was 215 and occured on March 28 2013 at 11:38am.
We had 5 members, 203 guests, 0 anonymouse users, and 7 bots online at the same time.
Todays Visitors (54):

Reising 50
Weaponeer Forums : Reising 50

Posted in Reising 50
Members Viewing Topic: None

Prev Topic :: Next Topic
  katzma

Private
Private

Posted: August 15 2008 at 4:51pm | IP Logged Quote katzma

Has anyone made a mock reising 50? Or has one? Id like to make one but in 9mm but a little more simpler than the reising. Also with a tube not as big as a sten or other tube gun. any ideas?
Agree Disagree Funny Informative Polite/Nice/Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Bad Spelling Bad Reading Dumb
View katzma's Profile Search for other posts by katzma

rocco1911

CSM
CSM

Posted: August 15 2008 at 7:40pm | IP Logged Quote rocco1911

Do you have a Reising Kit??????
Agree Disagree Funny Informative Polite/Nice/Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Bad Spelling Bad Reading Dumb
View rocco1911's Profile Search for other posts by rocco1911

katzma

Private
Private

Posted: August 15 2008 at 9:07pm | IP Logged Quote katzma

no i dont, seen them on gunbroker for $3000+.  I would like to get a tube maby like an inch or inch and a quarter, lathe out a bolt with a bolt handle like a lanchester, a 16" sten or uzi barrel spot welded in to a trunnion then spot welded in to the reciever tube. dont know what kind of mag to use, dont want it to be to fat, and the trigger will be simple.  also get some walnut, have a whole felled trunk at my dads house, and make a stock like the reising. 

just gathering some ideas, i leave for iraq this october, want to get a smithy lathe/mill when i get back, think i can refine it by the time i get back.

View katzma's Profile Search for other posts by katzma

dcorb

BG
BG

Posted: August 17 2008 at 10:20pm | IP Logged Quote dcorb

I was out of town this weekend, I brought some old magazines along. I was looking a Rifleman and they had an article on the Reising. I thought hey I want to build one of those. I thought I had an original idea then I get home and see this thread.

I was thinking of a long barrel paratrooper model, in .45acp.

View dcorb's Profile Search for other posts by dcorb

a41capt

E-2
E-2

Posted: December 31 2010 at 6:54pm | IP Logged Quote a41capt

Hey if this thread isn't dead, I am the proud owner of a model 50 and would be willing to share any of the critical dimensions you may need for a build.

Reising kits are EXTREMELY expensive (as somebody already mentioned), but since they already fire from a closed bolt (the resulting lightweight bolt is why they have such a high rate of fire), it seems that a semi-only build would be possible.

Let me know what I can help with.

John W
Munds Park, AZ

P.S. All you bad guys out there that are reading this and thinking you can come by my house and steal my Reising are S.O.L., the gun is in the safe at my other house!   
View a41capt's Profile Search for other posts by a41capt

soakandquench

SFC
SFC

Posted: December 31 2010 at 7:25pm | IP Logged Quote soakandquench

looking at a reising without seeing it fire gives you the impression its just another carbine from WW2, but it actually fires pretty fast.

the sad thing is it never really lived up to its potential. it was put into service in the pacific with the marines and got a bad reputation right away.

i would love to study this action and see how all the parts work together. it has a cylindrical hammer, which is kind of odd. i have not actually seen more than a few of the parts laying out.
View soakandquench's Profile Search for other posts by soakandquench

a41capt

E-2
E-2

Posted: January 04 2011 at 7:14pm | IP Logged Quote a41capt

The next time I take my Model 50 out and run it I'll get a video for you.

As for the parts and their interface/actions, you're right about the cylindrical striker, this feature is what makes the Reising run faster than the Thompson, the M3 Greasegun, the Mac10, and the Sten.

Since the gun fires from the closed bolt, it features a lighter and faster bolt with a relatively lightweight striker, and therein lies the problem that the Marines had with it at Guadalcanal...

The gun fires faster, but is more prone to stoppages because of its tight tolerances and susceptibility to dirt and fouling. I broke a mainspring with crud build up after just one hard day of shooting and learned my lesson right then... Clean the damn thing often!

So, in the jungles of the South Pacific island hopping campaign of WWII, the Marines didn't take the time (or have the time?) to learn what I learned in the relative comfort of the Arizona desert during that day of shooting, and when it came time for the Reising to face the combat reliability test in the hands of some New York guy that wasn't a gunsmith when it came to taking care of his firearm, it failed miserably.

Sadly, many of these fine guns now lie at the bottom of some Pacific island lagoons where they were unceremoniously dumped to make room for the slower, but more reliable, Thompson.

John W
Munds Park, AZ

a41capt

E-2
E-2

Posted: January 04 2011 at 7:38pm | IP Logged Quote a41capt

I forgot to mention that I have a Reising parts set minus the receiver (of course) and a stock.

So far, it's not for sale, but with the price of these things being what they are (as well as the relative scarcity!), I may put it on the market so I can buy something else. If there's enough interest, I might be coerced, just don't be shocked by the asking price...

John W
Munds Park, AZ

<< Prev Topic Reising 50 Next Topic >>

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version