Weaponeer.net
Welcome Guest
Not a member yet? Register Now! or Login
1 member and 31 guests currently online.
Site Partners

This site is Gunny Approved

Site Login
Username

Password

Auto Login
Add me to the active users list

Forgot password | Register

Topics involving building a ZB-37
Weaponeer Forums : ZB37

Posted in ZB37
Members Viewing Topic: None

Prev Topic :: Next Topic
  weaponeer

Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: November 06 2004 at 11:32am | IP Logged Quote weaponeer

This section is for discussions involving the building of legal Semi-Auto weapons, and different possible techniques.

Got an idea or question?

Agree Disagree Funny Informative Polite/Nice/Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Bad Spelling Bad Reading Dumb

Weaponeer.net survives on donations made each Month by the membership. if we don't get enough donations, our hosting provider turns off the website, and only turns it back on after the hosting fee's have been paid. Please... every donation counts
View weaponeer's Profile Search for other posts by weaponeer Visit weaponeer's Homepage

Laminatrap

SFC
SFC

Posted: November 23 2004 at 8:58am | IP Logged Quote Laminatrap

Has anyone set there ZB 37 in AA configuration? IAfter liiking at several pictures it looks like there are two pieces of tube needed to set it up. Does anyone have these? I will post some pics of what i have later.
Agree Disagree Funny Informative Polite/Nice/Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Bad Spelling Bad Reading Dumb

View Laminatrap's Profile Search for other posts by Laminatrap Visit Laminatrap's Homepage

EZFEED

2LT
2LT

Posted: November 23 2004 at 5:20pm | IP Logged Quote EZFEED

Take a look at the ZB-37 pics in the photoalbum. Toolbox has one of his in the AA configuration.
Agree x 1

Laminatrap

SFC
SFC

Posted: November 24 2004 at 11:06am | IP Logged Quote Laminatrap

ok here are some pics of what I got

you can see how the AA leg attaches into the other leg for storage.

This shows two sections with what looks like wing nut clamps and something to attach the ZB to. Are your tripods different?

It seems that this would not collapse but rather disasemble. I know the bren tripod is designed to hold the extra tubes but I cannot find a coralation here.

Edited by Laminatrap

View Laminatrap's Profile Search for other posts by Laminatrap Visit Laminatrap's Homepage

weaponeer

Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: November 24 2004 at 12:40pm | IP Logged Quote weaponeer

your tripod seems to be a slightly newer model.

It looks like yours is designed to have a slip on pintal added to the AA post.

The end of mine are pretty simple...   just a hole to put the pin through to hold the ZB-37.  Yours looks like you could make an M2 pintal adapter for it and you could use it for your 1919 really easy.

How about some other photos...  you might have other changes

Weaponeer.net survives on donations made each Month by the membership. if we don't get enough donations, our hosting provider turns off the website, and only turns it back on after the hosting fee's have been paid. Please... every donation counts
View weaponeer's Profile Search for other posts by weaponeer Visit weaponeer's Homepage

weaponeer

Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: November 24 2004 at 12:47pm | IP Logged Quote weaponeer

Here are photos on mine

weaponeer

Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: November 24 2004 at 12:48pm | IP Logged Quote weaponeer

weaponeer

Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: November 24 2004 at 12:49pm | IP Logged Quote weaponeer

weaponeer

Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: November 24 2004 at 12:50pm | IP Logged Quote weaponeer

weaponeer

Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: November 24 2004 at 12:51pm | IP Logged Quote weaponeer

Laminatrap

SFC
SFC

Posted: November 24 2004 at 1:22pm | IP Logged Quote Laminatrap

Will get some more pics over the weekend. Basically from your pics i can say the cradle is different the rear legs also. Mine looks like the one in the black and white pic posted above.

can you tell me how tall it is from the ground to the mounting point?

weaponeer

Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: November 24 2004 at 5:44pm | IP Logged Quote weaponeer

Laminatrap wrote:
Hey , congradulations on your 4500th post!

And the sad thing is I have another 1569 posts on 1919a4.com

Considering that 762x51 (Orin) runs almost all the group buys on 1919A4.com and he only has 895 posts over there it would seem I'm pretty busy all over the place.

weaponeer

Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: November 24 2004 at 5:46pm | IP Logged Quote weaponeer

Laminatrap wrote:

can you tell me how tall it is from the ground to the mounting point?

It depends on the angle I set the legs at.

It would seem you have a compact model of the mount (possible para model?)

Laminatrap

SFC
SFC

Posted: November 25 2004 at 7:50am | IP Logged Quote Laminatrap

Lets put it this way, Would an average Czeck at 5.5 foot be lookin up or bending his knees for AA operations?

RHW1225

E-3
E-3

Posted: November 29 2004 at 6:37pm | IP Logged Quote RHW1225

Here is what my ZB37 tripod looks like. I believe it's the same one Laminatrap has.

It does require a separate pole section(or two) to configure it for the AA role.

Ground Role

AA Role

View RHW1225's Profile Search for other posts by RHW1225

Guests

Guest Group
Guest Group

Posted: December 04 2004 at 8:59pm | IP Logged Quote Guests

There is no seperate extension leg for the AA setup.  The leg for the AA is one of the two legs that is used as the rear support for the ground tripod.  Just take the leg that has the swivel ended piece on it, loosen the lock wing on the side to fold the legs up, swing the leg up and over to the vertical position.  When in the AA mode, the tripod will have only 3 legs touching the ground, the other is vertical.  Mount the gun on top of the vertical leg and use the mounting pin to secure.  Make sure the side adjustment nut is tight.  Enjoy.

View Guests's Profile Search for other posts by Guests

Laminatrap

SFC
SFC

Posted: December 05 2004 at 7:56am | IP Logged Quote Laminatrap

C2, Your comming in on half the conversation. What you say is correct for one type of tripod. There is an other type that requires an additional piece. Take a look at all the pics posted and you will see the differances.

Laminatrap

SFC
SFC

Posted: December 05 2004 at 3:53pm | IP Logged Quote Laminatrap

On the first page of this thread, second pic you can see that the legs are different. In the third pic on page one you will see where i highlighted what looks like added sections, but after closer examination it apeers to be one peice that extends. This can also be seen on page two second pic. Neer the AA butt stock you see a wing nut which holds it together.

I will upload some better pics tomorrow if we get some sun. taking pics inside loses alot of clarity.

bacl2000

MSG
MSG

Posted: December 09 2004 at 5:16pm | IP Logged Quote bacl2000

RHW1225 wrote:

Here is what my ZB37 tripod looks like. I believe it's the same one Laminatrap has.

It does require a separate pole section(or two) to configure it for the AA role.

Ground Role

AA Role

I got two tripods like this and no zb for either.  woe is me

View bacl2000's Profile Search for other posts by bacl2000

PTMETALS

E-3
E-3

Posted: June 19 2005 at 2:08pm | IP Logged Quote PTMETALS

Well has anybody come up with a sa receiver yet, had this thing since the last g/b looks good as a dummy but would be great if it was a shooter. 
View PTMETALS's Profile Search for other posts by PTMETALS

<< Prev Topic ZB37 Next Topic >>

Page of 4 Next >>
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version