Weaponeer.net
Welcome Guest
Not a member yet? Register Now! or Login
0 member and 35 guests currently online.
Site Partners

This site is Gunny Approved

Site Login
Username

Password

Auto Login
Add me to the active users list

Forgot password | Register

Online Users
Total Users Online: 35

We have 0 member(s), 7 spiders, 35 guest(s), and 0 anonymous users online.

Members Online:
None.

[ View Full List ]
[Based on the last 10 minutes]

The most online was 215 and occured on March 28 2013 at 11:38am.
We had 5 members, 203 guests, 0 anonymouse users, and 7 bots online at the same time.
Todays Visitors (108):

Topics involving building a ZB-37
Weaponeer Forums : ZB37

Posted in ZB37
Members Viewing Topic: None

Prev Topic :: Next Topic
  btwiest

E-2
E-2

Posted: September 11 2008 at 11:38am | IP Logged Quote btwiest

Anyone have thoughts on a semi conversion???
Agree x 1
Agree Disagree Funny Informative Polite/Nice/Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Bad Spelling Bad Reading Dumb
View btwiest's Profile Search for other posts by btwiest

wonderful_one

Cpl
Cpl

Posted: November 02 2009 at 1:11pm | IP Logged Quote wonderful_one

Wiselite arms is now offering ATF approved ZB37 builds for $2700.

I emailed the sales rep, he said if enough interest they may offer a semi parts set for DIY build.

So if ya got a kit and low on cash, tell em ya want the semi parts.

I got too much invested in tools to pay someone to build for me.

They are also offering a propane gas gun (non FFL) conversion build, good for kits missing internals.

Agree Disagree Funny Informative Polite/Nice/Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Bad Spelling Bad Reading Dumb
View wonderful_one's Profile Search for other posts by wonderful_one

wonderful_one

Cpl
Cpl

Posted: November 04 2009 at 12:59pm | IP Logged Quote wonderful_one

Bump for those that missed this.

So few of us with kits I can only hope they make some DIY parts.

CaptMax

Sgt
Sgt

Posted: December 24 2009 at 1:07am | IP Logged Quote CaptMax

Here is my kit waiting to build into a semi. First I need to finish the Maxim, the Bren, the Gory, ect...
CaptMax

View CaptMax's Profile Search for other posts by CaptMax

weaponeer

Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: December 24 2009 at 2:31pm | IP Logged Quote weaponeer

I know how you feel....   I have a lot of projects to get done before I can get to the ZB37 build
Disagree x 1

Weaponeer.net survives on donations made each Month by the membership. if we don't get enough donations, our hosting provider turns off the website, and only turns it back on after the hosting fee's have been paid. Please... every donation counts
View weaponeer's Profile Search for other posts by weaponeer Visit weaponeer's Homepage

weaponeer

Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: December 24 2009 at 11:24pm | IP Logged Quote weaponeer

Shooting the origianl ZB37 is a look of fun...   here R. Lee Ermey is shooting the ZB37

http://www.history.com/video.do?name=militaryhistory&bcp id=1681730307&bclid=1830063947&bctid=1832200259

Even the Gunny wants one...

Weaponeer.net survives on donations made each Month by the membership. if we don't get enough donations, our hosting provider turns off the website, and only turns it back on after the hosting fee's have been paid. Please... every donation counts
View weaponeer's Profile Search for other posts by weaponeer Visit weaponeer's Homepage

CaptMax

Sgt
Sgt

Posted: April 13 2010 at 4:15pm | IP Logged Quote CaptMax

Has anyone sent a ZB37 into Wiselite for a build? I am curious as to what they think of it, they are the only ones with an ATF approval letter. I believe they are building another batch of ZB37's as soon as they finish up the ZB26's. I am tempted to send mine in for them to convert. Would like to hear some feedback about them in regards to this, please post it if you have any knowledge.
Thanks, CaptMax

View CaptMax's Profile Search for other posts by CaptMax

weaponeer

Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: August 31 2010 at 2:04pm | IP Logged Quote weaponeer

we should be offering Semi auto parts for the ZB37 soon

weaponeer

Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: September 09 2010 at 11:30pm | IP Logged Quote weaponeer

In fact the semi-zb37 is ATF approved and we are working on a semi-auto parts set just like the Sterling, BREN, and DP28.

We may even have the option of doing builds for customers if there is a few customers willing.

wonderful_one

Cpl
Cpl

Posted: September 27 2010 at 7:55pm | IP Logged Quote wonderful_one

I'm definately hoping the DIY semi build parts become available.

BTW, if any one has spare tripod pins let me know.

bikergunnut

Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Posted: November 12 2010 at 12:31am | IP Logged Quote bikergunnut

View bikergunnut's Profile Search for other posts by bikergunnut

weaponeer

Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: November 12 2010 at 5:12pm | IP Logged Quote weaponeer

yes, you can get a cheap kit right now.  the ZB37 is the belt fed with the best worksmanship of WWII.

the semi-auto conversion kit is on the way soon.

we were talking about it today

bikergunnut

Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Posted: November 13 2010 at 2:39am | IP Logged Quote bikergunnut

Any idea how much so I can plan on what to sell to pay fo it .

Guy in Gemany on Gunbroker has shrouds, anybody else?

EZFEED

2LT
2LT

Posted: November 13 2010 at 9:23pm | IP Logged Quote EZFEED

You know, I did one years back. A kit I bought when Gary was doing this on 1919a4.com.

My biggest trouble was not with the fcg or the semi mod but trying to preserve the original charging feature. I did a Bren conversion prior which was actually pretty much a flop because of springs and crap which worked 75% but it gave me a better idea on how to tackle the ZB which is pretty much a beltfed 8mm Bren. To charge the ZB you have to bump the little catch up at the back to unlock the trigger housing, push forward so the sear engages the bottom of the carrier, then pull back to firing position. I really wanted to keep that.

I pretty much used a form of the Sten disconnector, sear, and trigger for many of my builds because it's easy and positive and can be made with sheetmetal or light machine work. It's only for sliding striker use but for tube guns like my FMK and some lmg's it's quick, compact, and easy to fab up.   

For mine I pretty much gutted the trigger housing and grafted in a form of that simple FCG. The original sear I split in half and saved. I built a similar sort of sear but longer than original so that the edge that caught was about 1" further back. It took up one half of the originals location, the other half of the original sear I split went on the other side. The little U shaped box part that slides back and forth in the bottom of the trigger housing I kept but I think I welded a block in, the disconector was a long upside down T shaped affair. I say T shape but more so just a straight arm that pinned to the lower part of that piece of U shaped block that I modified and then went forward to engage a little tang on the bottom of the new sear. Used a wire spring under it. About mid point of the disconnector bar was the protrusion that the backside of the carrier struck to knock it down to disconnect from the sear. The bottom of the carrier you can't mess with, not really because you'll screw up the track for the crooked U shaped feed lever. I did not grind away the catch for the sear, I filled half of it in with weld so I could use the remaining side to engage the other half of the sear. That might not fly with ATF, I dunno, never submitted it; I know I needed to bore oversize the pin for the sear so the original one wouldn't fit. There has to be two catches in the trigger housing in order to both charge and keep the striker, the problem is finding a way to make that other catch retract by itself when the FCG is pulled and locked to the rear. Maybe a cam built into the backside of the reciever, I don't know. Either way, when you pull it back, once you have it almost all the way back to where it locks, the little sear should drop on it's own and allow the carrier to slam home and charge a round. 

Shooting wise it worked just fine before I took it apart, there just needs to be some work done to where parts interchange wouldn't be an issue and making that happen is an issue cause there's not much room in there. All I know is I didn't dig the conversion where the Bren lower was grafted to the bottom or the one where the guy put the AR15 lower to the bottom with the forked hammer.

It'll be a fun gun if the production version retains all of the original little quirks that it had. The positionable handlebars, the ability to charge with the trigger housing, the funky little safety that rotates side to side above the pushbutton. If not, it's just another beltfed 8mm I guess?      

johnth

Level 1 Site Sponsor
Level 1 Site Sponsor

Posted: November 13 2010 at 9:50pm | IP Logged Quote johnth

Are barrels available?  The kit has a demilled barrel.
View johnth's Profile Search for other posts by johnth

bikergunnut

Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Posted: November 13 2010 at 10:22pm | IP Logged Quote bikergunnut

It also looks to be missing the barrel shroud. When I called the guy on the phone didn't know any more than the picture. The next day they changed the description to say demilled barrel. He did know they had 200 of 'em at the time.

weaponeer

Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: November 14 2010 at 1:13pm | IP Logged Quote weaponeer

My understanding is these kits being sold are the last in the US.

with the barrel being demilled you can sleeve it with a barrel blank and make it any caliber you want rather than 8mm, so thats no all bad news.

as far as the original charging handles, the ATF would not approve the use of the original charging system due to it accepting the original FA parts, and the conversion to SA with that system weakened the parts near the point of failure.  so it does have a new means of charging the weapon.  while it looks original, the handles are now just handles. also not a bad thing, having fired the original FA the charging was a pain in the butt due to the mass of the parts, and the new charging system seems to work better.

The conversion will require the use of a Mill (no surprise there), and the conversion works very well.

The price will be as cheap as possible, but I don't have a number yet

krinkov556

Sgt
Sgt

Posted: November 15 2010 at 10:02pm | IP Logged Quote krinkov556

bikergunnut wrote:
It also looks to be missing the barrel shroud....

I maybe wrong, but it appears it is included and that the barrel shroud is  flat sided and does not have the cooling fins I'm used to seeing.

BTW - does anyone know if these newly offered kits from CFS have cuts in areas that are hard to rebuild vs those of earlier offerings?

View krinkov556's Profile Search for other posts by krinkov556

EZFEED

2LT
2LT

Posted: November 15 2010 at 11:16pm | IP Logged Quote EZFEED

Same question here, are these Besa guns or the ZB's cause going by the jacket they look like Besa's but in perforated recievers??? 

weaponeer

Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: November 16 2010 at 12:00am | IP Logged Quote weaponeer

Not a bad price considering you get a tripod (it's not the nice big one) but most tripods have been running a few hundred.

That barrel looks like it would be easier to replace with a barrel blank

<< Prev Topic ZB37 Next Topic >>

<< Prev Page of 4 Next >>
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version