Weaponeer.net
Welcome Guest
Not a member yet? Register Now! or Login
5 members and 40 guests currently online.
Site Partners

This site is Gunny Approved

Site Login
Username

Password

Auto Login
Add me to the active users list

Forgot password | Register

Online Users
Total Users Online: 45

We have 5 member(s), 9 spiders, 40 guest(s), and 0 anonymous users online.

Members Online:
mariettatv60, JulianSMB, Murasnasp, ExceteRem, ds1948

[ View Full List ]
[Based on the last 10 minutes]

The most online was 215 and occured on March 28 2013 at 11:38am.
We had 5 members, 203 guests, 0 anonymouse users, and 7 bots online at the same time.
Todays Visitors (157):
ExceteRem, ds1948, Wraklyadula, vozysoove, Juitlekneentero, JulianSMB, mariettatv60, Murasnasp, erolerenelo, Beefcake, uplikigue, mereebova, jimdoc, optovkatex, dimentObjestben, soriissuend, KeypeBreelty, benjaminex3, AWilliamtoInc, JamesImmot, JamesHap, Josephabaph, Ronaldsaulp, Darinwhish, FugJertantara, HoxiasillHist, alibiaEmand, empisypeSpeancy, FoneeZexCot, reonfubrolo, Altessy, MarkReext, Gearglani, Qanadwourb, fermneoroup, Paraquat, GreogyFlepe, ezulokemu, constancedp2, EvaemodE, opagoyar, Adoradwynwourb, oiyigen, ryche, Lornakic, backbencher, nettieft69, 11millimeter, travisin3, bikergunnut, ronzor, susanapl60, QLRobert, agrohimmrb, Hugoherwourb, Smallboy, natalieks2, russyMixail, kentef69, vincentsi16, Whitneyendag, Gralindawourb, Canadian Pharmacy On, Faugarwourb, tr6guns, Antonwer, madjqo, Henryfab, shannonsp16, Parshallwourb, rogerkr69, Progonhic, Grazianiwourb, rlowe, rickysw18, coravp3, rochellejy2, BryantSwity, MartinHK, Skiller, petHepsitEstifs, chapelle444, rulmiriucculkiz, Ximathewiwourb, jozinUB, OrlandoC, aimeeel2, WilliamWrita, zacharysd60, Derriwourb, chadia3, hilgeaje, AlfredFem, Blackbrandwourb, Freddiejurry, Jamescit, SpikeBuilt, Mairawourb, Pavlosmsy, Jamesgrige, MorrisSlike, agrohimtja, Ielianilwourb, Phyllisneata, dcorb, KennethdoK, charlotteey16, atakoy rCor, Doullewourb, JoshuaItelt, cal50, Uttext, annaze16, Fenrinoswourb, fayerx1, DavidCiC, meredithyt3, Jacalynwourb, bbrown, MichaelDap, Matthewbrutt, RobertGroms, Buzalbinewourb, JoshTheWarCriminal, keithvx18, FvybvytfVok, Faelkiswourb, DrongNag, katherinexd60, Michealallep, Fragkos, mablein1, Madayagwourb, JamesJig, Waltermox, kathrynbp16, HellDragonwourb, bernadinekg4, brigitteou11, lcrask, mauriceyb3, Arterutwourb, fefAdmike, Jadafastwourb, jetloco, Tysonlak, Richardhok, Ernesttus, KennethCic, Bartysmurl, Caridadwourb, Marvinjes, Donniemup, ifrimosizaz, Lelandvak, Mep, Buriruswourb

Anyone else working on a Breda 30?
Weaponeer Forums : m30 breda Rifle

Posted in m30 breda Rifle
Members Viewing Topic: None

Prev Topic :: Next Topic
  artech

Private
Private

Posted: February 25 2009 at 1:10am | IP Logged Quote artech

I was just wondering if anyone else here was tinkering on a Breda 30 kit build. I am in the planning stages on my build and was hoping to get some ideas or advice from anyone else with a kit or a built gun? Right now I'm at 'change 26 to plan D', (also known as the  the WTF stage) trying to figure out a hammer fired FCG and semi-system for this beast. I think I have the original operating system figured out and it looks like my kit has all the major parts, I ordered a donor receiver for filler material and I already reload for my Carcanos so even that piece is covered. Even got some charger clips! Any thoughts or advice would be appreciated!

Artech

Agree Disagree Funny Informative Polite/Nice/Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Bad Spelling Bad Reading Dumb
View artech's Profile Search for other posts by artech

sts440

Level 1 Site Sponsor
Level 1 Site Sponsor

Posted: February 25 2009 at 2:52am | IP Logged Quote sts440

I wish I had picked up a kit from SARCO when they had them.  No idea who has any kits now.
Agree Disagree Funny Informative Polite/Nice/Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Bad Spelling Bad Reading Dumb
View sts440's Profile Search for other posts by sts440 Visit sts440's Homepage

artech

Private
Private

Posted: February 26 2009 at 10:06am | IP Logged Quote artech

Here's where I'm at so far. Looks like the operating system is sort of like the recoil operation in the MG42, where the barrel and bolt travel together for a short distance before unlocking. The barrel and barrel extension are two separate pieces and the barrel extension rotates (instead of the bolt like in an AR). The rotation is controlled by a cam piece which looks like the letter H that sits on top of the barrel extension. The barrel unlocks from the extension by a set of quarter turn lugs and is locked by a hinged barrel lock on the underside of the receiver.

The bolt looks like an AR bolt on some serious steroids, but it does not rotate. It has no bolt carier, and it houses a large firing pin which acts as a striker-fired system. The pin is held to the rear by an enclosed trigger mechanism housed in front of the butt socket. On first glance it looks pretty good but I bet it must have been a real pain if something got wedged in there. The bolt is kept from rotating by what looks like a spring loaded ejector that sits on the left side of the receiver and engages a slot in the bolt.

The oil tank sits on top and is hinged like a topcover, it has a stud on the bottom that acts like a trigger sprayer to oil each round as it chambers. I kjnow there was a japanese HMG that used a similar system and I read that they had trouble with that one too. I also read where some troops in the desert would just clean the thing out of oil and leave it dry, seems like they had less issues that way. I guess it wouldn't matter much either way in a semi auto gun. This cover also provides access to the cam piece.

The magazine is quite a marvel, fitting into machined recesses in the right side and being retained by a large pin and latch. It pivots forward on this pin and latches in the forward and rearward positions with separate latches. There is a follower catch on the bottom to hold the follower back, it disengages when the mag is latched into firing position. There is yet another catch on the magazine (total of four!)that I'm not too sure about, it may engage something on the receiver that has been cut away in the demill. There is also a lever on the front surface of the mag that I don't know the function of, it may become clear in time.

Mine is missing the grip wood scales and possibly some small parts, I'm still in the process of de-sl*gging and try-fitting the puzzle peices together. There are some pieces on the left side that must be something like an ejection port cover of some kind but I haven't got to them yet. More next post.

View artech's Profile Search for other posts by artech

weaponeer

Admin Group
Admin Group

Posted: August 31 2010 at 1:57pm | IP Logged Quote weaponeer

did you ever finish it?

Weaponeer.net survives on donations made each Month by the membership. if we don't get enough donations, our hosting provider turns off the website, and only turns it back on after the hosting fee's have been paid. Please... every donation counts
View weaponeer's Profile Search for other posts by weaponeer Visit weaponeer's Homepage

jbaum

Private
Private

Posted: July 29 2015 at 11:18am | IP Logged Quote jbaum

I'm translating the German manual for the Italian Breda 30, and had a question about how the buttstock latch (under the rear sight) works.

When you push the catch forward, the manual says something about a lug turning to the left to release the stock.

A better explanation than that would be great, and a picture or two of the process would help.

Thanks,

John@GermanManuals.com

backbencher

Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Posted: July 29 2015 at 1:36pm | IP Logged Quote backbencher

Welcome to Weaponeer. Thank you for what you do.

http://www.germanmanuals.com/
View backbencher's Profile Search for other posts by backbencher

jbaum

Private
Private

Posted: August 01 2015 at 7:17pm | IP Logged Quote jbaum

backbencher wrote:
Welcome to Weaponeer. Thank you for what you do.

http://www.germanmanuals.com/

Thanks for the appreciation.  Translating the old manuals isn't easy, but I do have fun with it. 

BTW, I got the information I needed about the Breda 30.  That manual is finished now, so it's on to the next one.

John

<< Prev Topic m30 breda Rifle Next Topic >>

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version